Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall/ Back to School Blog Hop


 Hello and welcome to the Fall/Back to School Blog Hop. If you are just joining our hop don't worry there is a list below off all the hoppers and you can travel around the group from here. I can't wait to see what everyone has made this month.
 
 
My first project uses the Herringbone Technique. I have been wanting to try it for a while but have been putting it off. I will be trying it again soon. This card is for that college student that might need a little pick me up those first few weeks away from home. I used Baja Breeze Card Stock and Stampin' Write Marker, Rich Razzleberry Card Stock and Stampin' Write Marker, Whisper White Card Stock and Tangerine Tango Card Stock. The Designer Series paper is the Floral District Paper and is so bright and cherry. The sentiment is from the Word Play stamp set and is cut out with the Labels Collections Framelits after it was stamped. I made the mat piece behind it with a 2 1/2" Circle Punch and a Decorative Label Punch that I added Polka dot texture to. To finish off I added Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon. My next project is a gift set for a teacher.
 
 
I made 10 note cards with matching envelopes to give as a back to school gift for a teacher. The note cards are in a cute back pack ready to deliver. I really like the idea of using the Note Cards because the envelopes are included and since you get 20 in a package you can make 2 gift sets.

The back pack is made from Whisper White card stock, Daffodil Delight Card Stock and Classic Ink Pad, Floral District Designer Series Paper, Basic Black Card Stock, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, 1/4" Whisper White Stitched Ribbon, Lovely Letters Stamp Set and Square Lattice Folder




The note cards use Jet Black Stazon and Daffodil Delight since our school colors are black and gold. The stamp set is Just Believe and I kept the design clean and simple. I did add just a little texture with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool. I also added a stamp to the front of the envelope.
I hope you enjoyed my projects for today. I would love it if you left me a comment so I know you were here. Thanks for stopping by and just click on the next button below to continue on your blog journey.


Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Shellie G. of Creative Electica
  2. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  3. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  4. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
  5. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  6. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  7. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  8. Patricia T. of Sunnyone Stampin'
  9. Heather W. of Stamping with Heather
  10. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  11. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  12. Nancy B of Momma B Stampin'

10 comments:

Nancy Brown said...

Great projects Tonya. I love that herringbone technique but haven't tried it yet. Those Note Cards are great for making these little personalized gifts and your backpack is so cute!

Stampin Dj said...

Such a cute backpack! Thanks for sharing!

Heather Williams said...

Love the back pack! Too cute!

Unknown said...

Love the thank you note idea. And what a great back to school way of packaging them in a little backpack :)
I especially like the fancy straps.

Pat T. said...

What a great back to school idea! Too cute! Thank you for sharing.

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

super adorable projects.. I love that not card set.. and the backpack.. stinkin cute!!! :)

Kim Ryden said...

Such a cute gift set for a teacher! I love the embossed lines across the bottoms of the cards. Such a smally detail but makes the cards look so classy!

Rose Castillo said...

Both your projects are great! I haven't tried the herringbone technique, I just might give it a try. Your cards are CAS but very pretty and that backpack is so cute!

Annie Lee said...

I tried the herringbone technique once and it didn't quite work the way I envisioned it. You did a fabulous job with yours! I also LOVE the backpack with the notecards inside. What a great gift for the teacher!

Nancy B said...

I really like the colors you chose for your card and I LOOOOVE your note card set! :-)