Thursday, May 2, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop.. Best of


Hello and welcome to our Best of Stampin'Up! Blog Hop. This month our theme is retiring stamp sets and we were challenged to use a retiring color on our project. This month I did both and even added a couple of extra retiring items just for added fun. My first project is a Mother's Day card because it will be here before we know it. I used the Build a Blossom Stamp Set and Wonderful Mother Stamp Set both of which are retiring. I wanted to make my blossoms look like a dogwood tree so I used Pretty in Pink Ink (also retiring) and stamped my flower petals on Whisper White Card Stock. The centers are More Mustard Ink (retiring soon) on Daffodil Delight Card Stock. The petals were punched out with the Blossoms Petals Builder Punch (retiring) and the centers were punched with the 1/2" Circle Punch The background is Baja Breeze Card Stock (retiring) that has texture added with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. Because the Blossoms needed a tree I used Early Espresso Card Stock and the Paper Snips and just free hand cut the branch. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White Card Stock with Early Espresso Ink and punched out with the Large Oval Punch and layered on the Pretty In Pink Card Stock (retiring) that was punched out with the Scallop Oval Punch. The base is Whisper White. Not sure who is getting this card but either my mom or David's mom will receive it.


Now moving onto my second project which a just realized as I look at the picture that it is really hard to see just how big this quilt top is. I hung it on my curtain to take a picture and it just looks sort of straight. Anyway sorry about that. I love that Stampin'Up! has had fabric for us to use but sadly it is retiring. :-( I have been wanting to make a Chevron quilt since I saw instructions on Pinterest and the Essentials Designer Fabric seemed the perfect choice. I didn't even use all of the Polka Dot Fabric on this quilt and I have a lot of fabric leftover for other projects with the other designs. The quilt was supposed to just be a crib size but is more like a twin. Oh, well I just couldn't stop sewing. I didn't use any other Stampin'Up! items but I love how it showcases our fun fabric.
Time for you to continue on your way to Dawn's Creative Chalet. I hope you enjoyed today's projects. I can't wait to see what everyone else made for the hop. It is always so much fun to get new ideas and share with everyone. Thanks for stopping by today and please leave us a comment as you hop along so we know you were here. Tonya






Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  2. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
  3. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  4. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  5. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  6. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  7. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  8. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  9. Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
  10. Bree R. of Craft-somnia
  11. Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana 

7 comments:

brrenwick said...

Love your dogwood flowers! And your quilt is stunning!! Thanks for sharing :)

Pamela said...

TY for sharing your card, love your Mother's Day car!

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Tonya!!! How pretty! I love dogwood flowers.. and what an awesome quilt! GREAT job!

Stampin Dj said...

Your card is beautiful and that quilt is AMAZING!

Diana Eichfeld said...

I love the Dogwood flowers so pretty and creative and the quilt is just fabulous, great use of the fabric!

Heidi @ Stuck on Stampin said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card...that Blossom Builders punch and set will be missed by many!! And, oh how I love the quilt!! It's gorgeous and the polka dot fabric was the perfect choice for it!

Jennifer Blomquist said...

I love your projects! Again, thinking I'm going to be sad I never got the Blossom Builder punch or stamp set. :) But it is your blanket I think I love the most. I don't know how to sew that but I need to figure it out because it is gorgeous!